This Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) sets out the basis which Venture OS Pte. Ltd. (“we”, “us”, “our”, or “Company”) may collect, use, disclose or otherwise process personal data of our customers in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”). Venture OS Pte Ltd., a Singapore company, located at 50 Raffles Place, #37-00, Singapore Land Tower, SG 048623 is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose, or process personal data for our purposes.
This notice applies to information we collect whenever you use our websites (any page on the ventureos.com domain), including https://ventureos.com, (collectively, the “Sites”) or otherwise interact with us as described below. Please read the following thoroughly to comprehend our practices and views with regards to your personal data and how we will handle it.
We may make changes to this notice occasionally. If we do make changes, we will inform you by updating the last revised date at the top of the notice. We may also provide additional notices to you (like sending an email to you or including a statement at the homepage of our Sites). Please also do occasionally review our Data Protection Notice whenever you interact with us to be informed about the ways you can help protect your privacy and our information practices.
1. As used in this Notice:
“customer” means an individual who
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified:
2. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us, some examples of personal data which we may collect from you include your name and identification information such as your NRIC number, contact information such as your address, email address or telephone number, nationality, gender, date of birth, marital status, photographs and other audio-visual information, employment information, web site Uniform Resource Locator (URL), free-form text, and personal description, and financial information such as cryptocurrency wallet addresses.
3. Other terms used in this Notice shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA (where the context so permits).
4. We generally do not collect your personal data unless:
5. We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
6. Regarding to your visits to our Sites, we may automatically collect the following information:
7. We may disclose your personal data:
8. The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
9. The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
10. Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within ten (10) business days of receiving it.
11. Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 8 above.
12. Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
13. If you wish to make
14. Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
15. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. Should we not be able to respond to your request within thirty (30) days after receiving your request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
16. To safeguard your personal data from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks, we have introduced appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures such as up-to-date antivirus protection, encryption and the use of privacy filters to secure all storage and transmission of personal data by us, and disclosing personal data both internally and to our authorised third party service providers and agents only on a need-to-know basis.
17. You should be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is completely secure. While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
18. We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
19. We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
20. We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected, and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
21. You may contact our Data Protection Officer if you have any enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, in the following manner:
22. This Notice applies in conjunction with any other notices, contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us.
23. We may revise this Notice from time
to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such
revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Notice
was last updated. Your continued use of our services constitutes your
acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date : 1st July 2019
Last updated : 1st July 2019